1 cup of strong coffee
1 cup of heavy cream
3 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup of regular sugar
About a pound of Blueberry Western Bagel bagels (Original Recipe or Alternative bagels), cut into 1/2 pieces.
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of maple syrup
Teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of Triple Sec
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the cream and whole milk, and the sugars. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
3. In a small saucepan, boil the coffee until about 1/2 cup remains. Set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl unil blended. Gradually add the milk mixture and stir. Add the bread and mix well. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes until the bread has absorbed the milk mixture. Add the chocolate and the raisins.
5. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Cover lightly with aluminium foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
6. Remove the aluminium foil anc continue baking baking for about 15 minutes more.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, vanilla and the Triple Sec and bring to a boil for 30 seconds. Stir constantly. Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour on top of the bread pudding.